20's, Writer, Artist, Swimmer, Enthusiast, A person of genuine heart and spirit. Character chatter, Character writing, Love is love, Laughter, Truth, Love, Hilarity, Fandom, Goofiness, Poetry, Art, Beauty, Random life, Music, Fun, Breath... That's what happens here.
There’s power in the touch of another person’s hand. We acknowledge it in little ways, all the time. There’s a reason human beings shake hands, hold hands, slap hands, bump hands. It comes from our very earliest memories, when we all come into the world blinded by light and color, deafened by riotous sound, flailing in a suddenly cavernous space without any way of orienting ourselves, shuddering with cold, emptied with hunger, and justifiably frightened and confused. And what changes that first horror, that original state of terror? The touch of another person’s hands. Hands that wrap us in warmth, that hold us close. Hands that guide us to shelter, to comfort, to food. Hands that hold and touch and reassure us through our very first crisis, and guide us into our very first shelter from pain. The first thing we ever learn is that the touch of someone else’s hand can ease pain and make things better. That’s power. That’s power so fundamental that most people never even realize it exists.
1) Do not fall for the boy who shares your hometown zip code. He will search for you in his local, empty bar, and you will search for him on the crowded corner of Union Square, but you will live forever apart.
2) This loneliness is temporary, but that does not make it less real.
3) Sometimes, people will make you feel small. Remember that is only a feeling. Do not let it become your reality.
4) The boy with the green eyes will smile at you, that does not mean he loves you.
5) The girl with the sweet accent will glance at you, that look that tells you to follow her. Don’t.
6) You will have moments, overwhelming moments, when you feel you made the wrong decision. Maybe you did, but don’t think about it. You can only go forward.
7) Do not find yourself in others, but look to them for peace of mind while you look within yourself.
8) The envy you feel when others seem more beautiful is only a projection of your insecurities. Do not feel that way, it is the only thing that can make you ugly.
9) No matter what any trend tells you, black and brown will never match.
10) Stop letting cigarettes rest on your lips, you are already full of fire, do not let your lungs turn to ash.
When you reach for the stars, you are reaching for the farthest thing out there. When you reach deep into yourself, it is the same thing, but in the opposite direction. If you reach in both directions, you will have spanned the universe.
Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration (via wordsnquotes) —